Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Medical Marijuana Meeting Part One

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope that you are all adjusting well to this curious weather pattern we are having. Wasn’t it sunny and almost 70 on Monday? And today, drizzly rain and 40… My body aches and does not like this back and forth craziness! But I will smile thru the drizzle because we need the rain. Really badly. Or we will be in big trouble this summer. So – bring on the rain and the pain. LOL!

It was so wonderful to see so many of you at last nights meeting about the use of medical marijuana. It was definitely an enlightening experience for me. I did not know anything about marijuana before last night so my mind is abuzz with all the information thrown out to us. That being said, I highly encourage you to visit the website for the Compassion Center at http://compassioncenter.net/index.html and read up on it. Or visit them at 2055 W. 12th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97402. They may be reached at 541-484-6558 as well. Rose is the delightful receptionist who was a fountain of information last night. She had no idea she would be speaking last night and she did beautifully. Recited a bunch of helpful tidbits and explained all about CB1 and CB2 receptors, what studies have been done etc. She’s not just a person that answers the phone, she really does know what she’s talking about. Did I mention that she’s a neuropathic pain graduate? I’d feel comfortable calling or visiting their office if I have more questions.

Andrew was also a well of information. Graduated out of law school recently. (Congratulations Andrew!!!) And I believe he said he was the executive director at the center. He spoke about the adverse affects, contraindications, prep, and the different methods of use. Andrew explained the process of obtaining a medical marijuana card and made the whole process simplified and not duanting. Capping the evening with a open forum for us to ask questions.

I can’t forget Peter. He is on the board at the center as well as a patient and grower. Just a very real, down to earth, man who vibrates compassion and caring. And no, I had never met the man before last night. And no, I don’t do marijuana. But if I did, I would totally trust this man to grow the different compounds the way that they should be grown.

Peter did reach out to everyone and encouraged that you join the board if its an interest to you. Or at least attend a board meeting if you can. They are on the second Tuesday of the month and starts at 6:00 pm. --- This time slot sound familiar??? LOL! Don’t you be missing our meetings so you can go to board meeting instead. Just make them move theirs. ;) 

Obtaining a medical marijuana card enables you to visit distilleries yourself. Buying from a distillery ensures you are getting a quality product that has been tested. Regulating strains and also testing for mold etc. Getting a medical card also protects the supply. You get first opportunity over recreational users. There is a open house on Wednesday March 18th at the Compassion Center - no cards will be needed. It will be a very informative meeting so do drop in if you are looking for more information.


I really hope you are not rolling your eyes and wondering ‘what idiot gave this girl a blog’ at this point. Admittedly I have no knowledge of marijuana or its use other than what I got from the group last night. Which is why I ‘highly’ encourage you to go and visit them and get your questions answered. I am merely trying to gloss over the surface of a very deep topic for those that couldn’t make the meeting and need information on who to reach out to. So please be kind and forgive me for sounding silly if I do. 

Thats it in a nut shell. I encourage you to drop in to the Center and/or go to the many classes they have available. As always, you are your best advocate and know what is or is not best for YOU. At the next meeting we will be discussing the CONS of using medical marijuana. I hope to see you there as well. Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment