Monday, March 16, 2015

DIY Heat Wrap


G’day mates! Top of the mornin’ to ya!
I know, I know. A bit too chipper for a cold and crappy day huh? Well, it doesn’t have to be horrible. Wanna know why? Cause’ I’m a cheater. Yep. You heard it here. I cheat. And you can be a cheater too!

I am having a halfway decent day because I made a rewarmable (I think I just made up that word but go with it) heat pad! So I can just reheat it as needed. Yep. That was the word I was looking for! Reheatable! Okay. Spell check doesn’t like that word either. Oh well. Moving on!

Want to know how to make one for yourself? You don’t need to twist my arm or put me in a head lock. Here you go:

Get one long (preferably clean) tube sock and fill up 2/3 of it with white rice. (You can get this in bulk fairly inexpensively at Winco) Do not over pack the sock. You want the rice to be movable/moldable. To wrap around whatever you are needing it. Tie off the top or knot it and voila! Done.

Now pop that sucker in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes and then wrap it around your aches and pains. Bam! I am now top on your list for Christmas huh? Your welcome!

Please be smart about it. Test a small area first. Make sure you don’t burn the tar off your feathers. All microwaves are different so times above are just a guess. Go with what works for you.

Another fabulous idea (if I do say so myself!) is to add some dried lavender in the there or douse a bit of essential oil on the rice for a bit of added aromatherapy. And if you chose a dirty sock, well, you might be experiencing a different kind of aromatherapy anyway. I recommend a clean sock. But that’s just me.

Warm moist heat is wonderful for stiff joints and muscles. Arthritis afflicts many of us so I hope you can use this cheap and inexpensive trick. Have a delightful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment