Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hot Hemp Muscle Rub

One of our fellow fibromites/chronic pain suffer has some really sensitive skin and could not use many topicals such as Sombra. They recently discovered "Hot Hemp Muscle Rub" and did not have a skin reaction and really liked the product. I am not sure of the brand etc but I just love google and found some here http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/181-7765163-1847468?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Hot+Hemp+Muscle+Rub if you want to read about it or check it out.

For those of you who like or are interested in Sombra the link for that is here http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sombra&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Asombra

For myself, I like to really burn it up with Tiger Balm. LOL! I should NOT use it because I have horrible skin but hey, I like how warm it gets. And when I hurt I want to feel like it is 'doing something.' Even if its not. These items can be found at your local shops too but I just love amazon. If I am patient and not in a hurry I can just click the mouse and it comes later that week. Lazy? No. Smart? Yes! I detest walking up and down the aisles fighting people when I can just click and get. Much less stressful for me.

I, myself, found a handy little tip. It works great for me! I've said it more than once. More like a million. But its the little things for me. I am just discovering the wonderfulness of essential oils. I won't pretend to know everything there is to know about it. But I'm really interested in learning more. I always put a Altoid mint in my mouth first thing because its so pepperminty (yeah I made that word up, roll with it!) that it blasts through the fog in my brain in the morning and gets me up and going just by that punch of mint to my senses. So the other day I was feeling really anxious so I took some lavender oil to work and was going to put it in my warmer in the office and just see if that would work on calming me. The thing is, the guys at the shop loathed the smell of lavender. Way to girly for them. (Um, whatever, see the door? It says exit.) But to be nice I turned the warmer off for a bit but my anxiety returned. Then I had a lightbulb moment. I had recently attached a ribbon through my hoodie zipper that I always wear. Long story on the ribbon, but just keep rolling with it. Anyhoo... I saw the ribbon and was like AH HA!! Grabbed the essential oil and put some on the ribbon. Viola! A subtle scent of lavender wafting up to my senses and the calming began again. I am absolutely giddy at this simple but ingenious idea. Looking forward to trying different scents for moments like those.

I am using lavender alot.  Another one I use alot is lemon. I find the scent of lemon extremely comforting. But you can put any oils you need on the ribbon. Try peppermint for clearing the mind and giving you a bit of pep!

I am now carrying a few ziplocks with a couple cotton balls soaked in different scents to expand on this concept. Its really working for me. Well, when I remember I have them. Its still a routine I am practicing on. But has come in super handy. If its a really stressful day at work I just take out the little cotton ball and have it sitting on the desk near me. Usually I have a calming fragrance. I didn't realize how anxious I tend to be. All the time. Over nothing! So really enjoying this new 'ah ha' moment. Hope it helps some of you. Have a blessed and amazing day!

~Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment